
I have been the bottleneck in my own companies. More than once. It never looked like that at the time. It looked like standards. It looked like caring more than anyone else in the room. It looked like being the only person who could handle the hard stuff. What it actually was: every decision routing through me, and a business that could not grow past the size of my own capacity. That's called founder syndrome. It's where the assets that built your business become the liabilities capping it. Control is the reason the first version ever shipped. Now nothing moves without you. Doing it yourself is the reason the company exists at all. Now it's the wall around every seat you won't fill. I can spot these types of pattern in other founders pretty quickly. What I could never explain is why it keeps running after someone sees it. That's why I called Corey Wilks. Corey is a clinical psychologist and an executive coach. He helped me find the answers to why the brain automates under pressure. Why founders revert to old defaults the second things get hard. What it actually takes to change a pattern instead of just naming it. He and I built a course together. It's called the Founder Syndrome Course, and it's free until October 8. Most founders are stuck in one of three places. Some can't see the pattern. They keep attacking the wrong problem because the real one is invisible from the inside. Some see it perfectly and still can't decide. They've known the answer for eight months and they're still not doing it for whatever reason. And some decided a long time ago and still haven't moved. They know the conversation they need to have. They just haven't had it. The course runs in that order for a reason. Seeing the pattern without deciding anything is just self awareness. Deciding without acting is just a resolution you'll break. Each part is worthless without the one after it. This free course normally sells for $499, and include sixteen modules. Ten to fifteen minutes each. And we are giving it away at no cost until October 8 because we are convinced there are people who will truly benefit from it. And I built this course because I really needed it. So if this is sounds helpful, take me up on the offer. To your growth, |
This email is sent from Copyblogger Media LLC, 1619 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Want to sponsor this newsletter? Get in touch.If you would like to stop receiving emails from us you can Unsubscribe.
No comments:
Post a Comment